Rafting on the Ayung river
Rafting trips are a wonderful way to see some of the wilder parts of Bali. Discover hidden waterfalls and enjoy the view of scenic rice paddies and stunning gorges. Swim in the pristine water and feel the thrills of the paradise river.
Central Bali is scoured by rivers, which are fed directly by both rainfall in the central highlands of Bali and by springs from the hillsides. Sungai Ayung is not only the most holy river of Bali but also the longest and most popular for white-water rafting on the island. Hence, most operators are located near Ubud where there are between 19 and 27 class II and III rapids. The best time for rafting in Bali is from October to March when the rivers are most swelled.
Sungai (river) Telagawaja near Muncan is also popular. It is more rugged than the Ayung and the scenery is more wild.
Rafting in Bali means fun for the entire family. Dress to get wet !
Most Villa Bossi guests combine rafting with a day trip to Ubud.
- Professional trained guides (American Whitewater Affiliation standards)
- Helmets, life-jackets and water proof bag
- Well maintained equipment of international standards including ropes and all safety equipment
- Welcome drink and buffet lunch upon arrival
- Hot showers, changing rooms and towels
- Don't forget to bring sport shoes or sandals, dry clothes, body soap & shampoo, sun lotion
- ... and your (underwater) camera - it's going to be a great day!
- It is recommended to book a rafting adventure at least 48 hours in advance
- Payment by cash or credit card
- Late afternoon rafting is usually discounted up to 30%
- Try to depart from the villa before 8 AM so you have sufficient time to visit Ubud
- Most Villa Bossi guests combine rafting with a day trip to Ubud.